The Morellino di Scansano is made from 85% Sangiovese grapes. For the final blending we add 15% Cabernet Sauvignon, Montepulciano and Canaiolo. In the glass the Morellino shines ruby red. Its bouquet includes its namesake Morello cherry, dark berries as well as vanilla and roasted aromas. Fine Tannins provide grounding and a long, velvety finish rounds off the pleasure.
Grape varieties: 85 % Sangiovese;
15 % Cabernet Sauvignon,
"The old Sangiovese grape variety has fascinated us from the very beginning. I'm proud of the way we interpret it in the Morellino."
Nikolaus W. Buchheim
- Grape varieties: 85 % Sangiovese; 15 % Cabernet Sauvignon, Canaiolo, Montepulciano
- Appellation: Morellino di Scansano DOCG
- Cultivation method: Organic
- Aging: 12 months in French oak barrels
- Aging potential : 5 - 8 years
- Alcohol content: 14%.
- Aromas: morello cherry, vanilla, wild berries, roasted aromas
- Drinking temperature: 16-18 °C
- Color: ruby red
- Ingredients: Contains sulphites
- 0.75 liters
- 1.5 liters